Thursday, October 16, 2008

no bias, no bull

hey all!


my name's Francesca and this is where everything you thought you knew about politics, and the upcoming election, is about to get intense with some serious thought. don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to sway anyone to Obama's side or McCain's side, I'm just trying to figure out the issues both parties represent and the way they will influence our daily lives for the next four years, or longer, with no bias, no bull. i just want everyone to put aside party influence, parental influence, whatever, so we can figure out each side of the election together, keeping personal bias out of our little discussion whenever possible.


so with that said....


I'm basically here to find the causal relationship between the upcoming presidential election and the issues that surround each campaign. for example, what is the causal relationship, if any, between Obama's campaign and women's rights?? this is just one example of how we need to break down a few key issues with the election and then anyone and everyone is free to comment on my, or each others', comments from there...




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Francesca"--if that is your real--sounds fake to me.... Anyway, you wrote, "I'm just trying to figure out the issues both parties represent"--ok, what's you methodology here--are you just waiting for Divine inspiration or what b/c the media has been covering the issues for 2 years now so not sure what will magically change in next 2 weeks other than to get peoples' (like mine) opinions and be swayed so--here goes. Obama is totally anti-women's issues--isn't it clear--his totally dissed Hillary and hasn't has anything nice to say about that lovely Palin woman (what a pit bull w/lipstick she turned out to be). Oh wait, I mean he's totally pro-women---didn't he have some sort of idea about equal pay--hugm Francesca-- now I'm confused who to vote for. I have an idea--why not we both wait for the next comment and see what they think and we can vote with them--sound good?

Anonymous said...

You said can we just figure it out together?--I don't think everyone will really agree, will they?

Anonymous said...

Good point on the last post, if everyone agreed their would only be one person running for office and our power to choose wouldn't exist. I also need to comment on the first post, depending on the media to cover the issues is unreliable because i hope by now everyone can see their huge bias towards the candidate that the owner/owners of the news program supports.